14 June 2011

Fearless

"Let go." He whispers.

I know I should, but I can't. It's so hard to let go.

"I am here. I will catch you."

I know it in my head, but the battle is still waging in my heart. Myself, my happiness, my well-being, my future - taking all I am, and giving it to Him. Letting go, holding on to nothing but Him. Clutching the cross, trusting Him, serving Him.

But my lists, my plans, my wants...can I let go of them? I know His plans are even better than mine, but does my heart believe it?

All I have to do is let go.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely vivid imagery. A Father whispering to his child brings to mind a delightful picture of our relationship with God.
    As Michael Card said, God wants us to give up everything to him, even our discontents and our struggles to give everything up. ; )

    ReplyDelete