29 March 2011

Decisions, Decisions

It's like walking into a huge book store, with bookcases from floor to ceiling, shelves bending under the weight of the wide assortment of books. But you can only choose one, just one, and you must completely finish it before choosing the next. Some will be quick reads, over quickly. Others will take much longer. And that is where I stand: skimming the titles, weighing the choices, wondering which will be the best choice. The decision isn't easy. Once you forward there is no turning back. I try to avoid glancing with envy at those around me that appear firm and confident in their decisions, absolutely certain where they are going. Me? I'm at the end of one chapter of my life, wondering what will happen in the next and pondering what it might hold. Until I finish, only God knows. So I make a choice, grab a book, and squeeze my eyes shut as I turn the page to the next chapter of my life, hoping and praying I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment