14 March 2011

Sweet Memories

Memory. It's such a fascinating thing. Our memories are one of the few things that will stick with us for nearly all our lives, the one thing that we can consistently carry (more-or-less) with us through most circumstances. Memory and laughter are also the glue that binds people together. There's a connection you create when you start to spend time with people, stories are lives that will be recounted later on, bringing laughter or tears to those that shared the same experience.

This week was a wonderful time of memory making. I enjoyed the opportunity to attend the Greenville Spring Theological Conference. Originally I was worried that being gone right before the homeschool ball would create problems, but it ended up being the best thing I could've done. Instead of spending three days worrying about ball preparations, I spend three delightful days learning about the Holy Spirit, laughing, and fellowshipping with friends. I'm thankful the Lord worked everything out so that a family was willing to let me tag along. Now I have so many good memories for that week of both fun and serious conversations, random jokes and comments, and shared experiences. I wouldn't change it for the world. The other thing I've made memories of was the homeschool ball. This was the biggest, craziest thing I've ever done, but with the help of the Lord, it was a sucess. God brought all these different gifted people together that really helped me get everything done. I had so much fun before the ball even began, as we laughed and decorated together. Then there was the people helping behind the scenes at the ball, keeping the food trays filled and working the sound. The people way up on my grateful list, though, are those that stayed behind to help put things away after the ball was over, even with the daylight savings time change and living up to an hour away! I was prepared to not leave until after midnight, since I was certain that next to no one would want to stay and put everything away. But Yahweh is good, and blessed me with so many people helping that we were finished up within the hour. I am amazed at the goodness of God, and the selfless people He sent to help me!

Now it is time to move forward. To fill that gap that ball planning used to fill. To prepare for the next big thing. But still, I'll look back and smile when I think about harps and heaven, drink out of a water fountain, sing Psalm 98A, see a lamp post, look at my Narnia quotes and posters, think of Sharon Presbyterian, or when some random memory from the past week suddenly pops into my head. And I'll thank God for His good gifts towards me, because I certainly don't deserve all this.

2 comments: