02 May 2011

Oh yeah, I have a blog...

No, I haven't truely forgotten my little corner of cyberspace. It is more a lack of inspiration and limited time spent at an actual keyboard. I still don't have anything in particular to write about, so if you don't like to read rambling now would be a good time to stop. A random post of random things running through my head is better than nothing...at least that is what I hope!

Ron Paul is running for president. While I tend to favor Ron Paul, I'm not sure he is the one that can beat Obama. We need someone young, someone fresh, with Paul's ideals. Who will that be? It's a bit early to tell, but hopefully someone will surface that can help fix the American government.

I'm half-listening to the tv playing in the other room. It is amusing to hear the reporters speculate on and on about what the president is going to announce at 11pm at night. Libya? Security? Talking and talking about nothing. Geraldo mentions Bin Laden and I laugh a little inside. Really? No way, he is either dead and we don't know it or still hiding in a cave. And now, suddenly, in an instant - the unbelievable...Osama bin Laden confirmed dead. History being made as I watch. Living the moment that kids will read about history books. A man responsible for the death of so many has met his end. Ten years and he is gone.
Yet no matter what happens, life around us goes on. Our everyday lives aren't changing. Perhaps a mental rest. Of course, there will much rejoicing in justice being done.

In just five days I get to see Pride and Prejudice on stage! Another item checked off my bucket list. ;) I'm excited about spending some time with cool friends watching some good acting. I love the stage. There is nothing like watching something on stage. It is one of those times that the story truely feels alive and I never want the moment to end. The curtain closing always seems to come too soon, no matter how long they gave been open. In just twenty-nine days is one of the best weeks of the year. Dancing every night, food and fellowship and friends, gifted speakers...it is the week that flies by, that holds so much laughter, so many memories, and so much food for thought. In sixty days I get to spend the weekend with one of my best and closest friends, whom I yet have to meet in real life. Certainly going to be one of the sweetest, most memorable weekends of my life. Much to look forward to and savor.

Isn't it funny how you start something with no idea where it is going? I had no idea the history that would take place during a normal, quiet Sunday. Life is a journey we take one step at a time. Who knows what lies around the next bend? Let's go find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment