25 March 2011

Wandering Feet

I have what I call "wandering feet". I love to travel. I love to plan. Which means as soon as one trip is over, I'm ready to plan the next. There are so many exciting and exotic places to see, interesting people to meet, new things to try. I want to visit New York, California, Colorado, Missouri, Great Britian, New Zealand, Washington State...a meaningful visit to each of the fifty states, and at least one visit to each continent would be nice, just put it on my tab. Sure, it may never happen, I may end up a pastor's wife in a little town in the south, with just enough money to support us and our eight kids. ;) But hey, it's always fun to dream!

One of the best things about travelling is having a home to return to. Somewhere that everything is familar, where you settle in to your usual routine just as if you had never left your doorstep. But home is not meerly a home with four walls and a roof, it's the people that it holds within. It is the joy of recounting your personal travels to an eager audience, or reminescing about shared memories. Our laughter and our memories are the glue that binds us together. Because no matter where we go, nor how far we wander, wherever those that are closest to our hearts reside will be the most precious spot on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment