27 July 2010

Boundless Summer Challenge, Task Fourteen

Today's task focuses on life. Why should we be concerned about protecting pre-born life?

1. Yahweh creates the pre-born. "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb." (Psalm 139:13)

2. Yahweh takes seriously the life of the pre-born. "If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise" (Exodus 21:22-25).

3. Yahweh has plans for the pre-born, even before they are created. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5); "But when He who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through His grace . . ." (Galatians 1:15)



4. Children are blessings and rewards. "Behold, children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3).

5. They are human beings. "When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit…[saying] ‘As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy'" (Luke 1:41, 44).

6. We are commanded not to kill. "You shall not murder." (Deuteronomy 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment