14 July 2010

Boundless Summer Challenge: Task Five

Today's task was the hardest for me yet. I don't talk to friends on the phone all that often, so it's not something that comes natural to me. I also don't know if I could say I have a close friend outside of my family. I have really good friends, but none that I feel completely know me. I chose one of my closer friends. Unfortunately, she lives many hours away and we've only met once (and before we were friends, at that!) but she is one of my friends who probably knows the most about me just because we talk so often. Being in a totally different state, and over thirteen hours away from each other can make a friendship tough, though. I had been hoping to finally get the rare opportunity to talk with her on the phone and this was the motivation I needed to find a time that worked for both of us. I was much too tired to actually have a really good conversation, but it was great just being to hear a real, live voice instead of reading text. :) Like I said, I was tired, so I ended up forgetting to ask the required questions and had to follow up later. Though there isn't anything obvious about the friendship that I can improve,  I realize this is an area of my life that I have not exerted much energy in, and in the coming year I am praying to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment