22 August 2009

Names of God: Jehovah-Raah

Jehovah-Raah
(yeh-ho-vaw' raw-aw')

The Lord My Shepherd, The Lord my Friend.

The Lord is my shepherd, my guide, my friend. The Bible says we are like sheep...and that's not a compliment. Quite frankly, sheep are some of the dumbest animals. The shepherd must keep a constant eye on them, leading them to green pastures and showing them fresh water to drink - do you realize oftentimes a sheep will die of thirst before drinking clean, fresh water simply because it sees it's reflection in the water! There are many references in the Bible about sheep and Christ as our shepherd. Jehovah-Raah is the name used in that well known Psalm, Psalm 23. Oh, how thankful I am to have Yahweh, Jehovah-Raah, to be my shepherd, to lead me in the way I should go. I look forward to worshiping my shepherd tomorrow on His day. I always feel that the Sabbath is over too soon, and long for that day when I shall be worshiping Him in His presence, surrounded by other saints, for eternity.

In Jehovah-Raah's tender care,
Jessica
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment