10 November 2010

If I Get Murdered in the City...

We're walkin' in to the fields.
We're walkin in to the forest.
The moon is before us.
Up above
We're holdin' hands in the rain
S-sayin' words like I love you
D-d-d'you love me? Yeah...

If you live in the Charlotte area, you've most likely heard of the Avett Brothers. Once again, I was familiar with the name due to seeing it mentioned on Facebook (see a pattern here?). How I actually started listening to them was through my oldest brother. I think it was the Second Gleam from which he played a few songs for me that he thought I'd enjoy. He was quite right!
So you want to be in love like the movies
But in the movies they're not in love at all
And with a twinkle in their eyes
They're just saying their lines
So we can't be in love like the movies
The Avett Brothers have an interesting mix of music that can be folksy or rock. I don't usually listen to genres like rock, but the Avett Brothers have a unique sound that I don't mind listening to. From Kick-Drum Heart to Love Like the Movies, I have to admit they have some great tunes. They are originally from Concord, so it's like supporting local talent. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I like the Avett Brothers too, at least the songs I've heard. And Kick Drum Heart is my favorite of theirs. : ) They can get a little repetitive if I listen to them for very long, so they're more of a once in a while treat. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the Avett Brothers' style but there are a couple of their songs that I like. Most of their lyrics are good but I don't like the harshness that their voices create in contrast to the background music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Avett Brothers when they aren't yelling. ;) They have enough talent to cut out the screaming and stick to the "folksy" (St. Joseph's is proof of that). They do have a few good songs I enjoy listening to, though.

    I agree, they do get repetitive if you listen to them a lot. :) I have fond memories of Kick Drum Heart - it was one of the songs we listened to after Jason & Amy became engaged. :D

    ReplyDelete