05 November 2010

Fireflies


"When hygienists leave on long vacations/That's when dentists scream and lose their patience"
Many people are probably surprised when they learn that I listen to Owl City. I'm pretty particular about the music I listen to, so you know there has to be a good reason why I would even consider listening to Owl City. Originally, I had no choice but to listen to it as my younger sister discovered him and started playing the music. (I won't even get into the music battles the two of us have...). The heavy background is not something that I usually enjoy, and if the lyrics were any different I wouldn't have given it a second listen.
"Golf and alcohol don't mix/And that's why I don't drink and drive"
The lyrics are the absolute best part about Owl City. I love to hear plays on words, so listening to this music always makes me smile. Like dessert eaten too often, or too large of quantities, so is this type of music. It's more of a fun, once-in-a-while 'treat'. If I listen to it, it's because I either need something to make me smile, or I'm tired and I need something to keep me awake while I work. Or my sister is blasting it...again. ;) It makes no sense at all, but is guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. So if you enjoy a good play on words and need something fun to listen to once in a while, try some Owl City.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Owl City gets old fast. I can only stand a small amount. But it is fun every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete