27 November 2010

Conversations

***Due to "technical difficulties", something happened to the original "Conversations" post. Your mind has not been messed with, this is simply the replacement post***

Sara Groves is another one of those artists that I discovered through my friends. After hearing her mentioned several time through Facebook, I decided to check her out. Handy enough for me, one of my brothers owned her album "Conversations".
Remind me of this with every decision.

Generations will reap what I sow.
I can pass on a curse or a blessing
to those I will never know.
I was listening to Sara Groves before Michael Card, Andrew Peterson, Red Mountain Church. She was probably one of the first "Contemporary Christian" artists I listened to regularly.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful, He’s always been faithful
He’s always been faithful to me.
I can't recall what originally drew me to continue listening to Sara Groves. What draws me back is the quiet, meditative lyrics and gentle acoustic background. Though I haven't listened to much outside of "Conversations", the album is just that - it feels like a conversation with Sara Groves, and often times she hits the nail right on the head as to how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment