24 November 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Nope, you're not going crazy. I'll just be busy tomorrow and Thanksgiving, so I'm posting this week's Thankful Thursday early.

41. That Janae actually sat through church. She's good about sitting through church, it's just doing so quietly that gets to her. It was nice to enjoy a full sermon with minimal distractions!

42. Relief in the mornings after being the one on 'night watch' with Jasmine. It is so nice to be able to get a little more sleep after waking up several times to give her the bottle during the night!

43. Yahweh's unchanging nature. We will lose friends, have family members move away, and experience changes in curcumstances. Yet Yahweh is always there, unchanging and in control of it all. He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

44. My mother. She is just utterly amazing. She does such an amazing job at raising kids and always has an answer for any kind of issue I'm having with my younger siblings. I want to be like her!

45. Christmas lights. I enjoy Christmas lights, and am in the process of decorating our front yard. Here's a seceret - I actually have some strung around the baker's rack in the kitchen that I leave up year round. But don't tell anyone. ;-)

46. Being able to be together with my family for Thanksgiving. As us kids get older, I wonder at every big holiday or birthday, if perhaps this will be the last time we'll be able to celebrate together like this. We don't know from one year to the next what our family gatherings will look like, and I know that it won't be long before we are all pulled in different directions and will be able to celebrate together less and less. Thus I cherish these precious times we can spend as a family.

47. Rainy days. If nothing else, it helps us appreciate our sunny days all the more.

48. Cold weather. Though it often makes it a hassle with the younger kids to have to bundle them up more, this is the time of year where I get to make all my favorite soups and drink lots of herbal tea.

49. Yahweh's provision. It may not be until the moment we need it, but Yahweh always provides it. We don't have to worry about tomorrow or the future, He has it all under control.

50. My dear friends who actually take the time to read and comment about my scattered musings on my blog. :-)

Being Molded by Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment