19 November 2009

Eschatology and Everyday Life

I will start with a confession. I send myself emails. Before you start worrying, these emails are either to-do lists, reminders, or links I want to save or write about. So...this link has been sitting patiently in my inbox for the past few months. :-)

Another confession - I read the Left Behind books when I was younger. I experienced some of the same feelings described in both articles. What is the use of marrying, raising children, etc. if the world is coming to an end anyway? By Yahweh's Grace, over time a vision for future generations was revealed to me.

Some would argue against frivolous doctrines. There are some doctrines that affect our daily lives more than others, and I think our eschatology is one of those that actively influence how we view our day-to-day lives. Where there is no vision, the people perish.

Those with generational visions these days can be few and far between. I am blessed to have at least a few friends in my age group who would share my vision. I am thankful everytime I meet a family with a vision for future generations.

Now that you've heard my musings, read the following article (and the article linked to therein) and tell me your thoughts. Half of this blog is to hear input of my friends, I don't blog just to tell everyone my opinion. A good, hearty discussion is so much better any day. ;-)

http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fgwt%2Fn%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fvisionarywomanhood.blogspot.com%252F2009%252F09%252Fhow-diapers-and-dishes-will-change.html

With Thankfulness,
Jessica
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

1 comment:

  1. Very good article Jessica! I've thought and been told the same thing... "You will probably never get married and have children" "Christ will come back before then"!
    (Talk about pouring cold water on your dreams huh?)
    I ask the Lord daily to help me invest in my future, in what He would want for me. I don't want to just sit and wait.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete