04 September 2009

Saturday Psalm and Praise: Psalm 119X

This week's Psalm is Psalm 119X. I don't recall hearing this Psalm before I sang it at BWSC '09, but I really enjoyed it. Then again, I enjoy just about any Psalm or Hymn that is sung in parts! It is definitely one of my favorites now. I'm very thankful to have a recording of Psalm 119X (and Psalm 98A) so that I can sing it anytime I like. The first line of the second half of each verse is sung first by the bass, then the tenors jump in, then the altos, and finally the sopranos. I'm sure it sounds quite confusing, but it is actually quiet easy to sing when you know which part you sing. I only wish I could share the music with you, but alas, all I have is the words. Enjoy this week's Psalm!


Psalm 119X

Before Thee let my cry come near,
O Lord; true to Thy word, teach me.
Before Thee let my pleading come;
True to Thy promise rescue me.

Since Thou Thy statutes teachest me,
O let my lips Thy praise confess.
Yea, of Thy word my tongue would sing,
For Thy commands are righteousness.

Be ready with Thy hand to help,
Because Thy precepts are my choice.
I’ve longed for Thy salvation, LORD,
And in Thy holy law rejoice.

O let Thine ordinances help;
My soul shall live and praise Thee yet.
A straying sheep, Thy servant, seek,
For Thy commands I ne’er forget.


Soli Deo Gloria,

1 comment:

  1. that is such a great Psalm! :) so fun to see you join in the SP&P. You should totally link up on this week's linky: http://jacquedixon.com/?p=4931

    btw... stopped by via Collin Mizell :)

    ReplyDelete