03 September 2009

Eggplant Delight



One of my favorite vegetables to cook with is eggplant. However, I wanted to do something new with it for dinner, so I experimented with a different mix of vegetables than I usually use, and cooked them in a different way. I'm posting my 'recipe' here, in case anyone else feels crazy enough to try it, and so I'll have it in a place that won't get lost. ;-) Admit it, the pictures makes your mouth water. Come on...you know it does!


Eggplant Delight

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant
1 beet
2 cups spinach (I just used a couple of handfuls)
1 onion
1 cup sliced olives (mine were leftovers from tacos!)

Optional:
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. basil leaves
meat of your choice (cooked)

Chop the eggplant, beet, and onion. Combine all ingredients except for the spinach and saute on high until the eggplant is done cooking. Add the spinach and continue sauteing until the spinach is slightly wilted. Serve over rice or couscous. Approx. 8 servings.

I used a griddle to cook this, which was the easiest method for me. This is very quick and easy, and I will certainly be playing with it more in the future. If you try it out, let me know!


Soli Deo Gloria,

No comments:

Post a Comment