27 June 2010

When We Make God Small

I came across this excellent article in my weekly Boundless email. (If you don't receive it, hop on over to http://www.boundless.org/ and sign up!). It was a timely reminder for me. I think ladies tend to worry - especially about the future - more so than guys. There are just so many what-ifs and unknowns that can become hopelessly caught up and entangled in. We've taken our focus off of God and have stopped trusting in Him. When we worry about the future we are forgetting His sovereignty. We're forgetting His power. As mentioned in the article, if we knew what our future looked like, how would we learn to trust our Father? We don't know what next month, or next year, or ten years from now will look like, but we can rest in the fact that the Ruler and Creator of all is in control, and that He will work all things together for our good and His glory.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You were very right! It was an excellent article!! I think I'm going to print it out and keep it near my bed. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete