07 January 2012

January Joy Dare: Day 1-7

#1. good health
#2. the use of my hands and feet
#3. the sight of my eyes
#4. the christmas lights our neighbours put up - makes me smile!
#5. a clean carpet - hard work, but worth it 
#6. all this fresh, yummy food - so thankful for the abundance available to me
#7. commenting how delicious the food is, even when one knows it was imperfect
#8. a little boy "reading" a book by himself.
#9. "oh, i get it now." such a happy feeling to hear someone mutter these words after you try to explain a complicated concept.
#10. that bit of writing in a notebook from a year ago, a reminder of how far we've come.
#11. those toys that bring such delight to little faces.
#12. snuggling under a blue comforter with some of my favorite little ones.
#13. One Thousand Gifts, a borrowed gift from a friend. trying to resist underlining nearly every page... ;)
#14. working on this gift of love, a late present, for my newly married couple.
#15. a grinning face, happy, holding a snack in his hand. so good to have him like this again.
#16. a pink and black otterbox cover for my iPad. aren't there many things that are better pink? ;)
#17. ingredients for baked alaska. just waiting to try out this nifty dish on monday!
#18. longing...a reminder that things will change, this too shall pass.
#19. forgiveness so freely given. i need so much of it.
#20. a sinkful of my dirty dishes, washed by my amazing father while i was shopping.
#21. coming down to discover they've already carried in the week's worth of groceries from the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment